Where do you go or what do you do to escape from the world and recharge?
We all encounter those moments where we would like to smash our heads into a wall at work. Parents, how about those times where you wish your little ones stopped wailing for you or screaming randomly just because…? Don’t be shy, there’s probably a dozen times a day you wish you could POOF, vanish from the world and just gather your composure. If that’s so, let me share with you some of the things I do to escape and recharge.
- TRAVEL. I love to travel to anywhere outside of my comfort zone. Even if it’s just a city away. Being away from home revitalizes me. Seeing new surroundings inspire me to continue living a purposeful life. I strive for success honestly so I can be able to afford to travel more often. This is just one way I escape but not feasible most of the time.
- TIME-OUT. Sit in a quiet place with little to no distractions. I allow myself to sort of meditate and try to relax. After a few moments of calm breathing, I usually try to give myself a pep talk to rejoin the world and carry-on.
- MUSIC. It is usually an immediate mood booster for me. Music brings out emotions in me that inspire me to continue on in my day with a smile.
- WRITING. It’s a therapeutic process to spill out my emotions onto the page of a journal. I write until I no longer feel so tightly wound up. It helps me to admit my stressors and inspires me to fix my problems.
- READING. I read a lot. I read blogs, non-fiction, fiction, newspaper articles, EVERYTHING. I love to learn and am constantly seeking knowledge. Reading allows me to do that. I also like to be swept away in a story. It’s like taking a vacation without taking a step out of your home.
- POSITIVE SOCIAL MEDIA. I tend to follow people that do creative projects and/ or are have passions. It’s their story and process that always inspire me to do better. I am inspired by other’s talent and drive to follow their dreams. Honestly, seeing good people achieve success is so rewarding. It gives me hope of one day doing the same. Whenever I get fearful of pursuing my dreams, I look to others that have followed their passions despite their fears. It allows me to get the courage for myself.
There you have it, my 6 ways I escape from the world and recharge. What are some things you do to keep from going under? Feel free to comment below.